Top 10: Career Strategy tips
Top 10 Career Strategy Tips
Whether you are employed or self-employed, below are 10 things to help you in your career:
1. Make time to understand what motivates your boss or your clients.
2. Give more than expected - go that extra mile and add more value.
3. Make time to network and build stronger relationships with those you work with.
4. Invest in your own development; reading, researching and skills-swaps are cost effective alternatives to expensive training courses.
5. Have a clear vision for your career progression and be flexible how you get there.
6. Play to your strengths - how can you utilise what you are great at to address the challenges of your employer or clients?
7. Be creative - think outside the box.
8. Don't cruise or be complacent - look at your blind spots to come through difficult times stronger.
9. Be proactive - people want solutions not problems and a 'can do' positive and flexible attitude.
10. Make time for self-promotion.