Online Brain Training
What is Online Brain Training? Brain training is a reasonably new concept, through which individuals can progress the brains ability to process relevant information. It not only helps improve the cognitive function of the brain through repetition but also develops the strength of the mind. There have been studies that show as little as one-hour training per week can improve the brain's cognitive functions, and this can be done easily through online games built specifically to enhance the brain's activity and is readily available to users online.
Train Your Brain
Many benefits come with regular brain training. All of the advantages gained from brain training will help anyone looking and applying for a job.
These benefits include:
- Better memory
- Improved analysis
With better memory, it will make a difference to everyday tasks and will also help with the job interview process by remembering crucial errors that took place and reacting with speed to amend those errors.
With brain training it will allow for sharper concentration that will then allow for better focus when looking for jobs. Concentration skills will help you keep track of what needs doing and lose the distractions during the job process. As always, attention is always required for information processing, concentration and multi-tasking, and all important factors in the job process. By having sharper concentration, it will allow for job searching to be more productive.
Through greater creativity, it will be able to make you seem more appealing to employers. It will give you better problem solving skills and reasoning and negotiating to adapt to change.
Finally with improved analysis, your visual and spatial skills will become better developed. All of these benefits will help when it comes to things like job interviews, working under high pressure, being analytical and working in different environments.
Free Brain Training
Lumosity provide a number of different brain training games helping to develop your abilities for free. They have developed over 40 different games, each aimed at developing a different part of the brain. They believe that doing a little each day will help you gain the most from their benefits.
Here are a few training games to consider:
- Lost in Migration is a game created by Lumosity that has the aim of specifically improving your attention span. You are required to watch flocks of bird appear on the screen and then match the direction they face. It is a game that requires a lot of concentration so that it can help improve not only your focus but also allow you to be more productive, avoid any distractions and have better function through your brain's ability.
- Lumosity Raindrops is one of Lumosity’s more popular brain training games. It follows the format of simple maths problems where it requires the player to solve simple equations in the form of falling raindrops. The equations must be completed before the raindrops reach the water level. This game helps with problem solving, flexible thinking and reaction time.
- Speed match is a game that challenges player’s speed and reaction. It is a game that requires decisions to be made quickly but still accurately. You can compare your scores to previous times you have played to see how you progress through the weeks. Every time the same symbol appears on the screen, the user is required to click. This game is played at a very high speed, so users constantly have to think quickly.
- Word Bubble is another of the popular games by Lumosity. Individuals play this game so they can develop their language, word finding and thinking outside the box. Word bubble gives the player a three-letter prompt, from which they have to create as many words as they can, that start with those three letters. There are a different amount of points available for the amount of letters achieved in each word submitted. However, you must be aware of the time limit. This game helps its users develop their memory and range of vocabulary. It does not let users type in random words, so it makes sure that they think about the words they are entering. Tasks such as reading the newspaper will help individuals with their success in this game.
- The Memory Matrix game helps its users recall memories at a faster pace and also communicate more efficiently by using a wider range of vocabulary; playing the game for even just a small amount every day, you will see so many benefits. Through being able to track your progress and improvements, you will develop a positive mental state.
So why not challenge yourself today and improve your brain skills.